Sunday, December 7, 2014

A pizza pan that really works!

Air-Bake Pizza Pan
I bake a lot of bread and bread based goodies including pizza. For my home made or store bought frozen I have been using a pizza baking stone. Last week I finally purchased my first perforated pizza pan that I've been looking at for the last month. The cost for this T-Fal 15 3/4 inch was $13.00. It's made very well, strong and has nice radius edges so when cutting with a pizza wheel cutter you cut through the crust all the way to the edge of the pizza. It's also has a non-stick surface, that works! But the big selling point is all the holes perforated through it that really do help considerably to bake from the at the same time as the top is being baked. The crust comes out flexible but perfectly crisp at the same time. If you're just not really satisfied how your frozen pizzas turn out then look at a pan like this. It Works!

I'm going to start baking my hamburger buns and bread sticks on this pan. I expect very good results.
  







4 comments:

  1. I have had one of these for 15 years and love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that. I should have bought one years ago!

      Delete
  2. Funny you posted this today. I told the family i was going to try homemade pizza tomorrow.If it does good I will have to get a pan like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try. It is easy. The dough I use is simply my white bread recipe using olive oil. Who knows you may find it easy enough to add to your BBQ! Pizza and BBQ? Sounds good to me!!!

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome!