Monday, July 25, 2016

Toll House Cookie Mix Test

I was given a box of chocolate chip cookie mix to try out, which I did. During my testing of various mixes, my hands down winner is the Wal-Mart brand of, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter and Sugar Cookie mixes. Why? Because these mixes make twice the amount of cookies of the other brands at almost half the cost and they are excellent tasting!! Shelf-Life for all the mixes I’ve tried is one year although with proper storage conditions I would store much longer than that. Keep a few extra mixes on the pantry shelf. Remember during a sustained disaster event, treats will be a priceless morale booster and these premade mixes make it easy to do.

Here’s the latest mix I tried. NestlĂ© Toll House.


Well, this is the first time I’ve seen “made with GMO ingredients” on a cookie mix box! We probably will never have a choice about what we eat now and in the future.


Then to make matters even worse than the high price, on the back of the box they say “ do not consume raw batter”! You’ve got to be kidding, that’s the best part of making cookies. I grew up on raw cookie batter and still alive and well.



The results?
Good, with a slightly stronger taste of brown sugar, but not near as good a value as Wal-Mart mixes.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review of the WM brands. Very helpful to get product reviews. Keep 'em coming! (please)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we still shopped at Walmart, we used to buy their house brand cookie mix too. It does make more cookies, and they are just as good as the name brand packs and cost less.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome!