Saturday, June 10, 2017

Spam Slicer, is this a Prepper Kitchen Tool?

I think so. It’s important to make your food storage last as long as you’ve calculated it to last. To be sure it lasts you must practice “Portion Control”. Portion Control means you measure all ingredients and plate in proper portion sizes.

During a lengthy disaster, we will be under a lot of stress and stress makes some people go to their comfort foods and eat much larger portions than normal. Doing so will quickly put your stored foods out of balance and in the end not lasting as long as you had planned.

Most people stock the very versatile, canned Spam. This $9.00 Spam Slicer will help control portion sizes and it does work extremely well.

 

  











Link to buy:


Manufacturers Description:
The Borsong Meat Slicer; is a Cheese Slicer, Boiled Egg Slicer, Fruit Slicer, Soft Food Slicer, Sushi Cutter, Canned Meat (Spam) Slicer with 10 Cutting Wires of Stainless Steel.

It is constructed out of durable ABS and stainless steel.

Cut several slices in one try. Ideal for a variety of types of meat, cheese, fruit, vegetables.

The slicer can hold soft food within 9.7cm in length, and cut into 10 slices. The middle 8 slices are 8.6mm in width while the outside 2 slices are 10mm in width.


12 comments:

  1. I am ordering one of those RIGHT NOW. I have wanted something like that forever. Thanks for posting it. Just goes to show, reading blogs is a valuable habit. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will like it! It also slices hard boiled eggs for salads etc.

      Delete
  2. Mike, I ordered one, should have it Tuesday.

    I went back and updated my post from this morning to include a link to this post, so if other people want one they can get the link. Didn't want to "steal" the credit for the information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, as long as the information gets out to people who can use or need it that’s all that matters. But thanks for the consideration, means a lot. My blog is about helping people prepare at the lowest cost and avoiding trial and error methods. Nor do I receive any compensation although I get approached at least weekly just don’t want to hype or advertise a product or service I don’t use myself.

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, I just read on Harry's blog about how he enjoys Spam. My question is, is it heavier than a regular hard-boiled egg slicer? I like those things but the wires always seem to break after a few uses. Seems like to slice Spam they'd have to be more heavy duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much heavier duty than the typical hard-boiled egg slicer. Yes it is made in China, but the design is solid and the molded frame is of very high quality. I expect mine to last many years.

      Delete
  4. Mike - we love your reviews because they are always trustworthy and you give your real opinion.

    sending love. your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kymber,
      Like you and Jam, I take prepping seriously because I feel in probably 10 years we in the USA are going to be depending on our stored foods and skills necessary to survive through a disaster like the one currently going on Venezuela. That’s why when I buy for myself such as kitchen tools and learn new methods that can save my life and pass it on to others, they can trust it because I’m betting my life on it.

      Mike

      Delete
    2. and THAT is why we trust you! xoxox

      Delete
  5. I found the post. Definitely going to get one of these. A lot of uses but Spam fries, here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    dung cu nha bep

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are welcome!