Sunday, July 16, 2017
Cherry-Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
This is just too easy and is it good!
Below is my very first try at this recipe using the Pillsbury Crescent Dough. I plan to tweak the recipe to use my White Bread Recipe and different fillings. What a simple and minimal ingredient preparedness comfort food.
1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
¼ cup sliced almonds
¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
½ cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Stir in almond extract, almonds and cherries; set aside.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press into 13x7-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough onto cookie sheet; press into 13x7-inch rectangle.
3. Spoon cream cheese mixture lengthwise down center 1/3 of the rectangle. On each long side of dough rectangle, make cuts 1 inch apart to edge of filling. Fold opposite strips of dough over filling and cross in center to form a braided appearance; seal ends.
4. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. If desired, garnish with additional sliced almonds and cherries. Cover and refrigerate any remaining coffee cake.
Link to recipe source:
Link to my bread recipe:http://livingprepared.blogspot.com/search/label/Baking%20Bread%20with%20100%25%20White%20Flour