Friday, July 28, 2017

Firewood


I was a little too low on firewood for this 2017 hurricane season. So I ordered a face cord to get me through the season, after the season is over then I’ll order another face cord to finish out the winter. The reason I like to have some wood on hand is just incase a major storm takes the grid down for a long time and I should run out of propane I can still boil water and cook in the fireplace!  J

Also, I’m thinking about trying some of the “BIO-Bricks” rather than regular firewood. I’m definitely going to pick a few up to see how well the burn in my fireplace before committing to buying a load of them.

Info Link:
https://www.ruralking.com/wood-fuel-blocks-greenheat-20pk.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjZTH15ut1QIVDnZ-Ch3z2g9dEAQYAyABEgKJMPD_BwE


4 comments:

  1. If you have to buy your wood, I can see checking out the bricks. I think Sixbears said he got a pallet of them last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, I'll have to ask him how they worked out for him.

      Delete
  2. Up here in the woods i have seen ground corn cob pellets. Not sure of cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this time I don't want to convert to pellets or coal. If I did make a conversion it would be to wood/coal capable stove.
      If the Bio Bricks burn with a flame in my fireplace they'd work out for me.

      Delete

Your thoughts are welcome!