Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Van-Dwelling and Self-Reliance video

If you’re a Van-dweller or wanna-be dweller, the link below is worth watching. The link is to her Fy-Nyth blog, a blog I also have on my sidebar. It’s about a single, extremely self-reliant young woman, who owns and lives on her homestead in a Tiny-Home near the Wyoming border. She lives totally off-grid with solar power, wood heat which she cuts and splits herself, hauls her fresh water and a composting toilet.

The link below will take you to her latest post about how she has modified a Chevy Astro AWD van she uses as an everyday vehicle and a camper with all the things she needs for her photography and in case gets stranded by winter storms. It has everything needed to survive a stranding until whether passes or until she gets home safely.

Her blog videos about her life in a Tiny-House are very good, but her wildlife photography is simply stunning, every bit on par with National Geographic! Look through some of her older posts about her photographic images.

5 comments:

  1. I think I've heard of this girl. Seems like I saw her blog a long time ago, but there weren't any current posts and I thought she quit blogging. I'll go take a look, be strange if it's the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    Thanks for sharing, I'll go check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young lady certainly does believe in being prepared I'd say. Reminds me of all the stuff I used to carry when I went out in the boondocks. 2 spare tires, belts, a fuel pump, spare battery, shovels and boards and two jacks! I wish her well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading
    properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same
    results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon,
      I check a number of photo's and found they all download fine. I checked a new blog I had listed in my side bar and when trying to open it was all programming gibberish so I deleted it.
      Bottom line is I have had many issues with Blogger over the years doing what it wants to, the problems normally come and go on their own.

      Delete