Friday, June 22, 2018

Propane/Natural Gas Conversion Honda EU2000i & Eu2200i

As most of you know, I own and love my Honda 2000i generator. Lately, I’ve been hearing some chatter about a Propane Conversion kits for the Honda. A reader, Bob from Nevada, and I exchanged some e-mails about the conversion. I went to the manufacturer's website https://hutchmountain.com/ and was pleased with their conversion kit. I especially liked how fast it is to convert from propane back to gasoline, it only takes a few seconds to do, see the video below.

For those of you wanting a Propane, Natural Gas or Gasoline generator their kits at around $260.00 looks like the answer, especially if you heat with propane and have a large amount of propane on hand to tap into.

Thanks Bob, for bringing this company to my attention! Below are some of Bob’s hands-on experience e-mail:


(Mike,
Bob, from Nevada here.

“I ordered a Hutch Mtn. conversion kit. After a cut finger, much cussing, and about 2 hours, I got the thing installed. (Shipping from their company was very fast). All I can say is that it works - no propane smell or other problems that I'm aware of..

I do like the convenience of propane, especially since I'm clumsy and old, and tend to spill gas over everything - especially with these damned vent-less cans. 

Can't say if it's a viable alternative to gasoline, but as you say, availability and storage are the determining factors. Like you, I treat my stored gas, and after a year or so, dump it into my van and then refill the cans with fresh gas and preservative.

It may be an option for some of your readers, assuming they have all the facts. I'm in my mid-seventies, not particularly skilled with mechanical things, but I do have a few basic tools and can read and understand directions.

Anyway, thought you might be interested in my propane conversion experience. It's not for everyone, but might be a good option for some. One other thing to consider, I'm real fond of my little Honda generator, but I'm sure their excellent warranty is now void due to the propane modification.”

Regards,
Bob, from Nevada)

Addition to post above 7-02-2018:
As you've read above I’ve been communicating with Bob from Nevada, about his conversion of his Honda 2000i to propane. Bob is as old as I am and for us to carry our Hondas any distance (like to a neighbors house) is dangerous for our backs. Bob came up with an easy way to move the Honda any distance using a collapsible two-wheeled truck. Just put the Honda on the truck with the propane tank on top then strap them on and you’re ready to go without straining your back. Good idea Bob!


Source to Purchase link:

Demonstration Video:


4 comments:

  1. good information! thanks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again with common sense.. What is wrong with you?? The LEFT doesn't like when we use common sense.
    Bravo on the find

    ReplyDelete