Friday, July 13, 2018

Kindle for PC’s, Download & Install the Latest Version

I don’t care for all the electronic gadgets available today including cell phones that do more than I’ll ever learn or remember to use. I like things simple! However, the Kindle Reader has interested me for quite a while but didn’t want to spend the $90 for one.

There are many books I want to read dealing with prepping or self-reliance but spending up to $20 for a paperback book that I’m not sure is worth the money is hard to do. However, the Kindle versions are just a couple bucks each such like the ones offered at http://bisonprepper.blogspot.com/ my favorite writer about prepping!

Today was going to be the day I ordered a Kindle, but at the last minute, I decided to check Google to see if someone had a Kindle program for PC computers that I could load on my laptop instead of having to buy the Kindle.

Sure enough, there it was!! And Free!
Very simple to download, just a couple basic questions and it was downloaded and installed.

I already have a couple of books downloaded and started to read them. The software works perfectly. Just saved myself $90.

Here’s the link to the free software:



5 comments:

  1. When I returned to college a few years back I used audio books often on my commute to class, but I never did warm to a kindle. I suppose because I'm a pen and paper writer in addition to a blogger, I just have a soft spot for the tangible cover-to-cover book. Still, I'll read entire articles on my tiny smart phone. Illogical. I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna,
      For me books are best when using as reference sources. I find it easier to pull a book off the shelf and fan through to quickly find what I'm looking for rather than scrolling pages on the computer.

      Delete
  2. As we age reading becomes difficult I love kindle on my laptop because I can set the magnification and font. Mike for free books I use. http://preputilityvehicle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is another site I use they have a daily free kindle section also. https://thehomesteadsurvival.com.

    ReplyDelete