Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Maruchan Instant Lunch, Cheddar Cheese Flavor



Yield: 1½ cups cooked
Cost: $0.26 ea
Best by: 12+ months
Made in the USA

Sunday when I was food shopping, I stopped by the Ramen soups aisle to pick up a few. I never noticed the “Cheddar Cheese Flavor” and immediately knew this must include ‘powdered cheese’ like I already know well and use in my long term food storage.

Upon opening the cup, I see it is powdered cheese on top and a small ‘flat noodle’ in place of the typical round spaghetti-like noodles and no veggies like in the other instant lunches they offer.

It prepares like all their other instant lunch cups, just add boiling water and wait 3 minutes. So for camping or trail food or for disaster meals this is one to look at.

As with all soups you have the option to bulk it up with the addition of typical small can meats and fish found in the supermarket.


The Taste?  It tastes great, like ‘Mac & Cheese’, honest!


In the cup cooked ready to eat.


Same cup cooked but here you can see the noodles and small and flat like egg noodles.


2 comments:

  1. I have never seen this before. Wow. And as a mac and cheese-a-holic myself, I like the sound of this. Do you think if it was vacuum sealed with some O2 absorbers it would last longer? I think I could live on this if I had to, LOL! Thanks, I'll be off to the store this weekend (after the move) to look for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any stored food will benefit from the use of o2 absorbers and since this product does use a powdered cheese it would be necessary to use them for long term storage.
      Also because the lid is sealed to the cup it may be necessary to add a couple one inch or so knife blade slits in the top so the air inside can escape and be replaced with o2 free air.

      Delete