Tuesday, May 22, 2018

SPAM Slicer Fail


I purchased and tested this SPAM Slicer a few weeks ago, everything worked fine and the overall quality appeared very good. So I posted it for those who like SPAM and wanted a simple way to slice and control portion sizes.

Three days ago I went to slice some more SPAM and five (5) cutting wires broke before passing all the way through the SPAM. I didn’t force it and used the same pressure as before.


If you’re thinking about buying one of these,,, Don’t.


10 comments:

  1. That's disappointing! I've had similar problems with the egg slicers. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my original post you questioned if it would slice eggs. So I tried it and it worked great. Then the next thing I sliced was SPAM and that's when the wires broke. Go figure!

      Delete
  2. had a thingy that sliced cheese with wires and the same thing happened. I'm back to knives! P.S. The coins are great! thanks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a cheese slicer that uses a single wire. Have it for years and it still works. But like you it's back to knives.
      Glad you like the coins I sent, enjoy!

      Delete
  3. It's only with great difficulty that I can eat the stuff, so my money is safe; but thanks for the warning. - lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess for some it's like Scotch, you have to acquire a taste for it. Ha ha

      Delete
  4. Dad ate sliced Treet for his office lunches for many years. Daily slicing veggies and adding a slice of cheese, a Treet sandwich never got old for him. Straight from the can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the same one after I read your review, and it has worked great. I could never slice spam so fine as the gadget does. Sorry yours blew up. I guess mine will to but it didn't cost much and it's been great so far! ;-)

    ReplyDelete