Saturday, March 24, 2018

The National Debt and Your Retirement

Today, there’s lots of talk about the coming Economic Collapse, because it is a real possibility. Are you prepared for it? How do you prepare for it? Most of all how will it affect your retirement? These are some of the questions you must ask yourself today and make a plan for it, or you may be left without a penny. What if your pension checks stop coming or the banks simply seize your account and then minimize withdrawal amounts?

The National Debt:
“According to the U.S. Treasury Department, the U.S. is more than $21 trillion in debt. But who does the U.S. actually owe? Click this link and find out who. It’s frightening the number of countries we owe: http://ticdata.treasury.gov/Publish/mfh.txt


The largest debt is to American citizens and U.S. entities (such as 401K’s, Pensions and Government Pensions) — is more than $22 trillion. That figure is made up of securities like Treasury bills, notes, bonds and savings bonds. The rest consists of foreign holders, beginning with China at more than $1.15 trillion. Japan is a close third with more than $1.13 trillion in foreign holdings. The "Emerald Isle," Ireland, is next, owning more than $270 billion of U.S. debt. The Cayman Islands are No. 5 with more than $260 billion. And Brazil comes in sixth at more than $258 billion.”

11 comments:

  1. I depend on income from investments, on pension plans, on holding real estate, primarily raw land, and on social security. None of those things are proof against some sort of financial collapse, especially if the government tries to "print" their way out of it. That's one reason I keep a lot of basic supplies up here on the mountain. Food, fuel, basic things like household consumables. But in a long term dislocation, all of that would eventually run out and I'm not sure what we would do then. I guess a lot of improvisation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myself, I never worked for a Union or the government and don’t have a government pension. It’s just SS and my savings and investments and as long as things remain calm I’ll do OK throughout retirement. I have a few back-up plans I’m studying, but most of those require someone else actually holding my money such as outside of the country banks etc. The one plan I have is like my Grandparents, sleep on your money. Retirement is a topic I going to open as it’s important to all.

      Delete
  2. Maybe if we stayed home and minded our own business like they do, we would have some extra money too! The Department of Defense has a budget bigger than most countries. It's insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree RP, but I don’t ever see that happening with the Deep State and Billionaires making billions off military action.

      Delete
  3. Mike the national debt is like A loan to the kids always on the books but will never be repaid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s true Gary, and it really makes me sad to see in my neighborhood a dozen fertile females downloading babies. To me, those children’s futures look very bleak.

      Delete
  4. There's nothing I can do about it, so I try not to think about it too much and trust in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same Gorges. There is nothing we can do about, I just hope we don’t get caught up in the decline and have no money to finished living our lives that we worked hard for.

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Thank you so much, However I
    am going through troubles with your RSS. I don't know the reason why I cannot subscribe to it.
    Is there anybody getting the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly
    respond? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know what to tell you about RSS. No one else has said anything about having trouble with it.
      Sorry, can't help you.

      Delete
  6. I hear ya. As 2nd Man and I get closer to retirement, we look at our 401k's and other things for retirement and I am worrying more and more. Now we are adding a TRILLION more dollars to the deficit. It's just insane, no matter which party is doing it. Thinking a good old fashioned mattress with cash is the best bet, ha!

    ReplyDelete