Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Which common caliber round has the best stopping power?

The video below uses the data from Greg Ellifritz's 10-year stopping power study of real-world gunfights to shed the light of actual data on several common beliefs about handgun calibers including 22 rifles are the best bug out guns, 45s have the best stopping power, 380s are too small to be effective, 410 guns are gimmicks, and more. Here is the link to the original data and study by Ellifritz: http://www.activeresponsetraining.net...

Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nycYxb-zNwc


10 comments:

  1. I found the differences to be much less than I suspected. So, since I consider shot placement to be the main factor, I guess I'll keep carrying my .22 LR and continue keeping the 12 gauge by the bed (and my 1860 Army in the woods). ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I thought this posting needed to be shared as it has some good information in it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sure does separates the men from the boys!
      I'll take two of them! :-)

      Delete
  3. Good info, the miss fire rate in the 22,s was a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depending on the weather, the season, what I'm wearing, and where I'm going I carry a wide range of different pistols. I like the .45 ACP best, but in summer I usually have a .380.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here in Florida it's hard to conceal so I always carry my 380 pocket pistol.
      If I had it to do over again I would choose a 45 over my 9's and the AR10 over the AR15.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I was cleaning up posts and topics that weren't associated with prepping and that was one of them. Sorry

      Delete