Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe



Here’s another one of my favorite cookies. I’ve made them many times and they are far better than store-bought and will make everyone happy.

Yields about 30 cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups AP flour

2/3 cup light brown sugar

3/4 cup white sugar

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

1 cup chocolate chips (or raisins, or nuts or ??)

1 stick butter softened (if using shortening use 1 cup minus -1 tbs)

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

 

Directions:

  • Pre-Heat oven to 375ºF.
  • Cream-in all liquid, egg, sugars, salt, vanilla extract, and baking soda.
  • Combine all dry ingredients.
  • Then add in wet ingredients and combine.
  • Add in chocolate chips or ? and mix.
  • Drop 2 tablespoons per cookie about 2 inches apart onto greased or parchment papered cookie sheet.
  • Set oven racks to the middle location Swap sheet location after 7-8 minutes.
  • Bake for 12-14 minutes total time or until golden brown.
  • Using oil instead of butter, use 1/3 cup of oil plus 2 tabs water and 1 egg
  • Cool and enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Mike,

    Your cookies looks delicious! I have extra chocolate chips and walnuts......I'm going to make your recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took many tries to get the recipe where it is. I'm very pleased with the results. With a couple of these cookies you can bribe Bulldog to do anything you want! :-)
    I believe in a SHTF disaster we will need comfort foods more than ever. These are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a batch of these today,,,,,,,,,,wife says "best cookie ever" I agree.

    Thanks
    -Moe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Moe. Glad you like them. But be careful they will become addictive! :-)

      Delete
  4. Butter is the key. My wife has been using more butter vs margarine. She has baked c. chip and sugar in the last week...OMG talk about soft. The cookies not me silly

    ReplyDelete
  5. grrr.... now I want to bake cookies...like now... ;^)

    ~hobo

    ReplyDelete