Friday, February 22, 2019

Can Openers and #10 Cans

Most of us have some dehydrated food in #10 cans. Swing-Away can openers I feel are the best and easiest can openers to use for opening #10 cans.  However, at my age and with the onset of arthritis, especially in my hands, easy can opening is important.

Last week I discovered and ordered the “Swing Away Easy Crank” can opener for my #10 cans. The ‘easy crank’ means it is much larger overall than their standard swing away can opener. The ‘Easy Crank’ model incorporates a 3½ inch long crank handle for more leverage and longer overall handles for better control. The larger crank handle makes opening a #10 can a lot easier for me.


The new opener.


Opener on a #10 can.

Link to buy:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Crank-Can-Opener-Swing-Away/35707642


2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the engine crank on a Model A...LOL If you hear coughing like a motor...RUN....LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be more worried if the can started to growl when opening it!

      Delete