Monday, February 4, 2019

The Bet

Jack, a handsome man, walked into a sports bar around 9:58 pm.  He sat down next to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at the bar and stared up at the TV as the 10:00 news came on.

The news crew was covering the story of a man on a ledge of a large building preparing to jump.  Alexandria looked at Jack and said, "Do you think he'll jump?"
Jack says, "You know what, I bet he will."
Alexandria replied, "Well, I bet he won’t."

Jack placed $20 on the bar and said, "You're on!"

Just as she placed her money on the bar, the guy did a swan dive off of the building, falling to his death.  She was very upset and handed her $20 to Jack, saying, "Fairs fair... Here's your money."

Jack replied, "I can’t take your money, I saw this earlier on the 5 o'clock news and knew he would jump."

Alexandria replies, "I did too, but I didn't think he'd do it again." 

Jack took the money.  Alexandria went back to work at the US Congress.

4 comments:

  1. First time I heard that joke it was told by the great Justin Wilson. I busted a gut .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but wonder if the folks who voted for her are regretting their choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voters are just like her. They all believe the government should take care of them.

      Delete