Friday, March 15, 2019

No-Hilling Potato Growth Update 3-15-19

This years potato growing without hilling experiment appears to be doing fine. The plants look happy and healthy. Now waiting for the flowering at which time I will harvest one of the buckets to see if I have any new potatoes. The other bucket I will leave until die off then harvest them for what should be full-size potatoes.


1-29-19:
The experiment began on with the Seed Potatoes being planted.


2-16-19:
The potatoes just broke the surface after growing up through 8 inches of dirt.


3-15-19:
Here 30 days later, the plants are doing fine with over 21 inches of growth.


3-15-19:
A closer look at the yardstick.


Link to how and what I did to grow these potatoes:
https://livingprepared.blogspot.com/2019/01/growing-potatoes-no-hilling-method.html

3 comments:

  1. I was at Walmart yesterday and saw seed potatoes for sale. They only give you 8 small ones in a bag for $3, which isn't much (potatoes or dollars). But I instantly thought of you and decided to buy a bag and give your method a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good! Are you going to plant them in the ground or containers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planted them in containers. I came by to get a link to this post as the source for my inspiration for my own next post. I may try some regular grocery store potatoes, too, since you had good luck with them.

      Delete