Thursday, October 24, 2019

ATT, Yahoo and Blogger Nightmare!

I’m back, for a while I think.

A while back ATT bought Yahoo and as I expected ATT screwed up the Yahoo e-mail accounts. They force us to use ATT’s’ ‘improved version’ of yahoo mail which of course it is not. For one, the new version no longer has a sender block option and without it I get hundreds of advertisement e-mails every week.

If I didn’t accept the new ATT version guess what, I couldn’t log in and because I have a link to Yahoo Mail from Blogger I couldn’t log onto Blogger or You-Tube!

So for the last more than two weeks I have been mostly off-line trying to sort-out the issues. I could log on one day but the next day I couldn’t. In the end they made me come up with all new e-mail passwords to get back on line. Hopefully it’s now over!

I need to find another e-mail service and not use Yahoo and ATT. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

  1. Not had that problem here at all. Do you have AdBlocker (free) or a VPN? Sounds like Blogger is the problem. Still using the old Yahoo email acct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No ad blocker at this time, I'm afraid to try something new that may bring problems with it. I use Spy-Bot and it does a good job for me.

      Delete
  2. We've had a lot of trouble with ATT in the past, so I'm not surprised. It's a shame you have to deal with their incompetence though. I use the free version of mail.com mostly. It's not google and I like that you can have up to ten aliases with different email "hosts." Makes it useful for keeping track of different interests and activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ATT is a terrible company, they're interested only in money and not customer satisfaction. Their customer service is all off-shore and almost impossible to understand when trying to fix an issue.

      I have been looking at mail.com it's hard to make a change because of all the old contacts I have that will need to be contacted/updated
      .

      Delete
  3. I use the email available from my cable and internet provider. I don't know if you could find something that would suit you or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My internet and sat TV are bundled ATT. I can't win!
      My Spy-Bot found the issue and all seems to be working fine. Would I like to find a better system? Yes, but I'm not computer smart enough to make a change.

      Delete
  4. glad you're back Mike. I was starting to wonder if things we okay.

    Ray
    Annapolis Md U.S.A

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a time when I thought it may be all over. But so far so good!

      Delete
  5. I have been using hotmail.com for years. Works well enough~!

    later,
    -Moe

    ReplyDelete