Thursday, March 5, 2020

2020 Garden

Winter is over down here, so I planted my 2020 test garden on Tuesday, consisting of cherry tomatoes, Celebrity (slicing) tomatoes, Green Bell Peppers, white onions, green beans and 4-buckets of potatoes. I call it a test garden because it is small, only 3 x 25 feet plus another area that’s 2 x 20 feet. This size is good for test growing various veggies and fertilizers. The smaller area is where I plant Green Bell Peppers. You never know what the future (Mother Nature) has in store for us, so I always want to be ready for the worst. Growing a small garden will teach me what and how to grow enough food on a larger scale to feed me without the trial and error most will go through.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck on ALL your gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gorges. I've fairly well figured out how to grow all the veggies needed to feed myself should the need rise. Here in Florida the bugs are always a battle but I'm getting pretty good at safe chemical warfare on them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also been doing test beds, for the past 2-3 years. I have three garden plots, approximately 8x8 each, where I've grown tomatoes, peppers, cukes, herbs, loofas, etc. I've learned about the different types of tomatoes: determinate (bush-like) and indeterminate (vining). And that Loofa vines will take over a bed if you're not careful. I think it's really smart to practice!

    ReplyDelete