Thursday, April 23, 2020

In The Bunker

I’m not going to offer an opinion about the COVID-19 except wear a mask around humans and avoid human contact until this event is over to your satisfaction. The Government updates are about worthless and are more for politic posturing than saving us from death.

I have been hunkered down in my bunker for the last 3 weeks. I am retired so spending time at home is easy. However, the wife still works half a day, 5 days a week at an assisted living facility tending to old people 80+ taking them to the store or maybe making them breakfast if they want it. No nursing just being sure they take all their meds every day. They have a staff of Nurses and CNA’s for serious stuff.

This facility is big, over 900 full-time residents and staff!! What I find interesting is they test (take their temperatures) of all employees when they clock in and clock out and follow all other recommended guidelines and to date they have only one positive COVID-19 result and that was found yesterday over the last 3 weeks!

Am I concerned about getting the virus? Yes, of course, but working all my life in the medical business I am a neat freak and sanitize everything as time goes on. Oh by the way “Nursing Homes” are expensive, like $1,500.00 a day.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Too many people have too much money Gorges.

      Delete
    2. "Too many people have too much money..."

      That train passed me by.

      later,
      -Moe

      Delete
  2. I have asked everyone I know, or have contact with "Do you know anyone or know anyone who KNOWS anyone who has, or has had COVID-19?" So far, of all the people I've asked since February, only ONE PERSON has answered "yes." If this were REALLY the "doomsday scenario" being peddled by the media, one would think that it would be harder to get a "no..." 'Jest sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know anyone who tested positive or has the COVID-19

      Delete
    2. I know one person I went to univ. with. She had CV 19 and was convalescing at home. She died several weeks ago. The sad thing is family cannot help or visit. I'm taking care and isolating as much as possible. I think you though are more prepared than most. Stay safe.

      Delete
    3. What a shame Canada is so strict that they will not allow family to help take care of serious family health issues.

      I try to limit my time out of the house and avoid crowds while we wait this issue out.

      Delete
  3. well, my worst nightmare came to past. My wife died on June the 5th, 2019. Her failing heart finally gave out and she went into a coma. She died less than 8 hours later. Half of me died that day. Maybe more than half. You were a good friend to me and I haven't forgotten your kindness. I used to be the MohaveRat. Now I am just Randall. Stay well my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randall, so sorry to hear of your loss, Hope you are doing well.
      Are you running/writing another blog?

      Delete
    2. Randall, I am so sorry to hear about your wife having passed. I was a regular reader when you were blogging and found your devotion to your wife touching and inspirational. If I remember correctly you also had an old cat that you were devoted to,I hope he is still around for your comfort.
      Sincerely
      Jack

      Delete
  4. I have been out in the car the last two days. Just need to get out for more then 20 min. Took the family on car rides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've pretty much carried on as normal, which means only one or maybe two trips for errands per week. I was thankful my state never went into full lockdown, rather a work from home order was issued and a number of small non-essential businesses were closed. The remaining stores did the social distancing warnings and limited occupancy, but we had very few actual cases of the virus and even fewer deaths. I didn't know anyone who had it or knew someone who had it. The closed businesses are starting to open again, but the library remains closed until further notice.

    ReplyDelete