Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Why Someone Else’s Simple Sneeze Can Kill You!

I remember studying influenza while in 3rd grade (long ago) with a photo like the one below was used as an example of how dangerous a simple sneeze or cough can be.

The photo below captures a sneeze in progress, revealing the plume of salivary droplets as they are expelled in a large cone-shaped array from this man’s open mouth, dramatically illustrating the reason one needs to cover his/her mouth preferably using a mask when coughing or sneezing, in order to protect others from virus exposure.” Imagine some infected person sneezing on the fresh produce display or a buffet line.


1 comment:

  1. It disgusts me the number of people anymore who make no pretense of covering a sneeze or cough. I've had people cough in my face so bad that I coughed back in theirs out of meanness, and they were angered EVERY time by it!

    ReplyDelete