Thursday, June 4, 2020

Garden 6-4-20

The garden has been very good this year. The twice a month feeding has everything growing like crazy. The Green Bell Peppers are producing 4-6 peppers per week. Onions are growing strong and we pull a couple every other day for dinner. The Celebrity Tomatoes are a real surprise at the size and quantity, it looks like we will get 150 or so from the 2 plants. Cherry tomatoes are hard to keep up with there’s so many and the Green Beans have produced well.

My Bucket Potatoes were a flop this time. I only had 6 smaller like new potatoes, should have had 12+ normal sized ones. Two of the four buckets used did not even grow. This was the first time I used actual seed potatoes. They were the last bag the nursery had and they didn’t look or feel healthy. Next year I will go back to using supermarket organic potatoes for the seeds, I’ve had better results with them.

Overall I am very pleased with this years results.


Celebrity Tomatoes

Cherry Tomato Cluster

Harvest every 2-3 days

Onions

Green Beans

Bell Peppers



8 comments:

  1. Nice harvest. I get one or two a day. My Lemon tree just produced two fruit for the first time, they're orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ours are not doing too much. I think we had the tomatoes and peppers a month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best crop I'v had in years. For the next crop I need to increase the plant spacing distance to 7 feet make harvesting easier and less waste from unintentional fruit falloff. Also stronger tomato cages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola.soy de Argentina - quiero aprender soy madre y de paso que no hijo para su futuro aprenda. A pesar que vivo en el campo pro nunca me animé a cosechar y es bueno mas más en estos tiempos q vivimos .de paso comer sano .

    ReplyDelete
  5. En facebook no podemos encontrar la página ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, incredible, lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mike, your garden looks great. Is everything growing in containers?

    You asked about our solar project. Here's my update - https://www.5acresandadream.com/2020/06/solar-project-hows-it-going.html.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the onions and green beans are growing in containers. The tomatoes and bell peppers are in the ground.

      Delete